F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Doors - crackling noises fixed
European Auto Source

11-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
estoril335
Private

Drives: 2013 335i estoril blue on red!

The first time I took it in, they applied some conditioner/grease/lubricant into them, but helped little. A few weeks later, the cracking noise (specially when going over uneven surfaces) came back.

Its again in the dealership, any suggestions? (noise is only from the both rear doors/panels)
      11-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
SteveAus
Private First Class

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
A few years ago, I had a problem with my M3 Convertible. When new, and when the windows were up, with the roof on, the windows creaked/squeaked in the roof lining. We thought this was caused by the the fact that I had put a tint on the windows, and that the window fitment tolerances are so fine. Essentially, the window was now very slightly thicker than the roof lining was designed for.

I got some silicon gel from BMW (bloody expensive, but I can't recall the cost right now). Anyway, I applied a small amount along the entire top edge of the glass - squeaks gone. The silicon gel is colourless, and I just had to be careful to wipe any excess off the glass (in an upward motion on both sides of the glass).

The squeaks returned a few weeks later and I repeated the process. Now the squeaks were gone for good!

I kept that car for several years and never had the squeaks return.
F30 335i M-Sport, Glacier Silver, 19 403M, M-Adaptive Suspension, M-Brakes, M-Steering Wheel, Variable Sports Steering, HUD, SatNav, Heated Sports Seats, Surround View Cameras, Park Assist, HK Sound, Rear Roller Blind, CF Front Lip, Grills and Rear Spoiler.
SteveAus is offline   Australia
      02-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #25
dL.
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive M-Sport

Finally got all 4 door seals replaced and the noise is still there but quieter lol. I am at a loss of words.

dL
dL. is offline   Canada
      02-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #26
Dabaitu
Colonel

Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dL. View Post
Finally got all 4 door seals replaced and the noise is still there but quieter lol. I am at a loss of words.

dL
Have you tried the teflon tape solution I posted?
Dabaitu is offline   Australia
      02-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #27
JBH320

Drives: 320D

I had a similar problem with my 320D and after a lot of frustrating prodding and pushing I found the cause was the lower part of the door trim where it meets the inside of the storage bin. I pushed some foam in between and now the noise has stopped in both front doors.
JBH320 is offline   Australia
      03-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #28
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer

Drives: F31 328i M Sport EB II

i had the annoying noise when the windows are up, but not when down. I can tolerate on the smooth road surface, once bumpy, the annoying noise is back, my car is shortly due for 15000 km service and will ask the technician to look into it.
      04-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #29
adge7
Private

Drives: F30 328i AW Sportline

Apparently they now apply some sort of a felt trim to the creaky areas to prevent it from coming back. It's just fantastic to know that BMW are always on the cusp of cutting edge technology. Nothing like enhancing the overall experience and sensation of quality with a little felt.

In all seriousness, I don't care how they get rid of the noise, but it bloody better be gone now. I'll be finding out this week once I collect my car from it's week long excursion to the service department for several other warranty issues.
adge7 is offline   Australia
      04-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #30
Dabaitu
Colonel

Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adge7 View Post
Apparently they now apply some sort of a felt trim to the creaky areas to prevent it from coming back. It's just fantastic to know that BMW are always on the cusp of cutting edge technology. Nothing like enhancing the overall experience and sensation of quality with a little felt.

In all seriousness, I don't care how they get rid of the noise, but it bloody better be gone now. I'll be finding out this week once I collect my car from it's week long excursion to the service department for several other warranty issues.
I prefer velour.
Dabaitu is offline   Australia