F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Blinder HP-905 Custom Install
European Auto Source

03-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #1
Mobster1983
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Blinder HP-905 Custom Install

I had a couple people ask me about my Blinders, so I thought I would post some pictures here.

For those that don't know, the Blinder HP-905 is the newest system from Blinder, with very small laser heads. It can be installed with two, three, or four heads. I used four on my M6, but this time I have installed two on my 335 (both in front) and will install the other two in my other car.

The Blinders are a very efficient system and have worked perfectly in my experience. The HP-905 is also very minimal, and can be installed in the F30 with almost zero presence.

I did not so the install myself, because I do not have the experience of tearing things apart and it is just worth it to me to pay the couple hundred dollars to have a professional install it. I went over the install with my installer and told him exactly what I wanted. He did a great job, and it ended up even better than I had hoped.

First of all, the laser heads are mounted on the front. The front bumper (mine is a sport line) works very well and the heads can be installed flat. Make sure they are exactly parallel to the road, as this maximizes their range. They come with mounts you can use to make sure it is parallel, but the F30 doesn't really need them. (please pardon the bugs and dirt, I detailed last weekend but it rained this week and I drove through a swarm of bugs today )

I had them leave some of the slack in the wires because last time I tried to move some stuff and the wires got in the way. This will allow me to move them out of the way when I do upgrades. This may not be the best spot for them, but no issues in the last couple weeks of driving. The wires are pretty heat resistant, so hopefully they will hold up.

I am not surer if this entry into the firewall was there already or if my installer added it just for the wires. Maybe someone can take a look and let me know. Either way, it is a great spot.

This is the finished product, with the switch installed directly into the dash, and the CPU is inside the panel. This is probably the most perfect place to do this, as it allows for you to easily access the CPU to do upgrades, and change the channel on the switch if you need to.

That should sum it all up. Feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them.
      03-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Cyberdemon
Captain

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Thanks for posting. Once it warms up I'll have to see if that hole in the firewall exists or they drilled it. I'm thinking they drilled it since it doesn't look like anything else is passing through, but maybe there's an empty grommet there.
      03-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
cwolf521
Private

Drives: F30 328xi

Nice. I'm surprised we don't see more people post about installing laser jammers.