F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 3-Series Sedan / F32 4-Series Coupe Forum > bmw m performance? steering wheel
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
alexus
Private
 
Drives: 335IS (E92)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC, NY

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [5.00]
bmw m performance? steering wheel

Quote:
Accessories:
M PERFORMANCE PARTS
BMW M Performance Steering Wheel - $800

The M Performance steering wheel is fully covered Alcantara to enhance grip in extreme driving situations and has a flat bottom to enhance the sporty cockpit appearance. A red stripe is located at the 12 o’clock position to provide a quick visual indicator of the steering wheel position.
Each price is the suggested retail price and is subject to change. Price excludes installation and taxes.
.. mini picture shows me different steering wheel vs the one when I build my 2014 435i xDrive Coupe w/ M Sport Line.

I'm confused, now I getting fat steering instead of thin?!
i'm not too crazy on that fat steering wheel at all(
__________________
2014 BMW 4-Series (F32) 435i xDrive (silver/red) ///M Sport
2011 BMW 3-Series (E92) 335IS (black/red)
2010 BMW Z4 (E89) sDrive30i (red/black)
alexus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
reprod
Major
 
Drives: 435i (M-Sport)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
.. mini picture shows me different steering wheel vs the one when I build my 2014 435i xDrive Coupe w/ M Sport Line.

I'm confused, now I getting fat steering instead of thin?!
i'm not too crazy on that fat steering wheel at all(
The M-Sport steering wheel will not be thin but it will not be that fat either. I cannot comment on the M-Performance steering wheel but it will most certainly not be thinner than the M-Sport.

Head into a dealer and ask to hold a M-Sport steering wheel. They are thicker to give you better grip.
__________________
'08 Sparkling Graph. E92 335xi (ZSP w/ 18s | Saddle Br. | Grey Poplar) (Returned)
'11 Space Grey E92 335xi M-Sport (KWv1 Coils | Saddle Brown | Bamboo) (Returned)
'14 Mineral Grey F32 335i M-Sport (DHP | LED Lights | Coral Red | Hexagonal Aluminum)
reprod is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
alexus
Private
 
Drives: 335IS (E92)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC, NY

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
The M-Sport steering wheel will not be thin but it will not be that fat either. I cannot comment on the M-Performance steering wheel but it will most certainly not be thinner than the M-Sport.

Head into a dealer and ask to hold a M-Sport steering wheel. They are thicker to give you better grip.
can I see it somewhere online (preferably on bmw website) both steering wheels? do you know url by any chance?
__________________
2014 BMW 4-Series (F32) 435i xDrive (silver/red) ///M Sport
2011 BMW 3-Series (E92) 335IS (black/red)
2010 BMW Z4 (E89) sDrive30i (red/black)
alexus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
oceanview
Private First Class
 
oceanview's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

The M Performance Steering Wheel is available in two Designs:

M Performance Steering Wheel:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...g=95&lang=enUS

M Performance Steering Wheel II:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...g=95&lang=enUS

(Both are also available with or without built in LED Display.)

When you order your car you will get a certain design of teh steering wheel, depending on the configuration and packages you choose.
If your configuration contains the M Sport Steering wheel in Leather, you will be able to upgrade after buing the car to the M Performace Steering Wheel II
oceanview is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Math
First Lieutenant
 
Math's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F21 116D
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: B

Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
This is the performance steering wheel you mention. You can also have it with a race display, which costs about€400 more i think.


This is the M-sport steering wheel you will get on all M-sport vehicles these days.


Please note that the airbags are not interchangeable on these 2 steering wheels, so you will need a new airbag for the performance steering wheel if your car comes with the M sport steering wheel from the factory.
I don't know if you can delete the M sport steering wheel from your factory build if you take the M sport package..
__________________

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!
Math is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Math
First Lieutenant
 
Math's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F21 116D
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: B

Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
The M Performance Steering Wheel is available in two Designs:

M Performance Steering Wheel:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...g=95&lang=enUS

M Performance Steering Wheel II:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...g=95&lang=enUS

(Both are also available with or without built in LED Display.)

When you order your car you will get a certain design of teh steering wheel, depending on the configuration and packages you choose.
If your configuration contains the M Sport Steering wheel in Leather, you will be able to upgrade after buing the car to the M Performace Steering Wheel II
Oh, ok, I didn't know they now have the performance steering wheel II. In that case you can use your factory airbag
I dont know what it costs and how it looks though.. I've never seen a picture of it yet.
__________________

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!
Math is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
alexus
Private
 
Drives: 335IS (E92)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC, NY

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [5.00]
What about The BMW M Performance Power Kit ( PPK ): it says it includes following:

Quote:
• M Performance sports steering wheel with red central marking or Race • Display in 12 o'clock position
__________________
2014 BMW 4-Series (F32) 435i xDrive (silver/red) ///M Sport
2011 BMW 3-Series (E92) 335IS (black/red)
2010 BMW Z4 (E89) sDrive30i (red/black)
alexus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hi,

in germany you can get now the M-Performance II steering wheel.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Also available with race display.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
USC2000
Major
 
USC2000's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: El Paso, TX

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (10)

Wish they had a leather version with the race display.
USC2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hi,

I wish to get the carbon cover as single part to adjust the steering wheel to the rest of the m-performance carbon parts we have already.
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #12
VirtualAndrew
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 35i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Morrison, CO

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Hello and a question. Regarding "the M-sport steering wheel you will get on all M-sport vehicles these days," are there any packages/options that add functioning buttons to the left side buttons (buttons in addition to cruise control functions)?
VirtualAndrew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
 
DesertSmokeBBQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 864
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazerfahrer
Hi,

I wish to get the carbon cover as single part to adjust the steering wheel to the rest of the m-performance carbon parts we have already.
I bought mine online...
Attached Images
 
__________________
'14 Estoril Blue II F30 - 335i - ZMM - ZPP - ZTP - ZPS -
2TP

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
DesertSmokeBBQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #14
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
I bought mine online...
...do you have a contact for me? Webside, cost? Hope they ship also overseas.
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #15
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAndrew View Post
Hello and a question. Regarding "the M-sport steering wheel you will get on all M-sport vehicles these days," are there any packages/options that add functioning buttons to the left side buttons (buttons in addition to cruise control functions)?
...if you have cruise control with stop ang go (radar) all buttons on left side are used.
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
chris4prez
Private
 
chris4prez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335i M SPT - PPE/PPK - AW
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa

Posts: 88
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
DesertSmokeBBQ do you have a part number, or where did you buy the CF piece for the Msport wheel? I want to do the same thing, as I want the Steering wheel to match the rest of my m performance interior but am not a fan of having an alcantara wheel for concerns of easily showing wear and tear.
chris4prez is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #17
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
 
DesertSmokeBBQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 864
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4prez
DesertSmokeBBQ do you have a part number, or where did you buy the CF piece for the Msport wheel? I want to do the same thing, as I want the Steering wheel to match the rest of my m performance interior but am not a fan of having an alcantara wheel for concerns of easily showing wear and tear.
Not sure if the link is allowed or if it'll get taken down and a lively little nastygram sent to my inbox but here is where I got mine. http://www.autotecknic.com/product_p/bm-0199.htm
__________________
'14 Estoril Blue II F30 - 335i - ZMM - ZPP - ZTP - ZPS -
2TP

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
DesertSmokeBBQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #18
focal
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 328i, 6MT w/ MPS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 356
iTrader: (0)

Quote:

is this wheel thicker than the stock sport line wheel? I love the feel of the M-sport wheel, but it's way too much to change the air bag also for that wheel.

how does alcantara wear? I'd love this wheel in leather ideally. Doesn't look right if I don't change the interior trim pieces also.

Last edited by focal; 02-09-2014 at 10:56 AM.
focal is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
Not sure if the link is allowed or if it'll get taken down and a lively little nastygram sent to my inbox but here is where I got mine. http://www.autotecknic.com/product_p/bm-0199.htm
...thanks for your help, but it seems that they do not ship to Europe.

Do you habe also the performance interieur in your bimmer? If yes, can you share some overall pictures? I'm not pretty sure if it fit to the carbon fibre of the performance parts as it looks very glossy and the performance parts have a more mat finish.
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #20
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
 
DesertSmokeBBQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 864
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazerfahrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
Not sure if the link is allowed or if it'll get taken down and a lively little nastygram sent to my inbox but here is where I got mine. http://www.autotecknic.com/product_p/bm-0199.htm
...thanks for your help, but it seems that they do not ship to Europe.

Do you habe also the performance interieur in your bimmer? If yes, can you share some overall pictures? I'm not pretty sure if it fit to the carbon fibre of the performance parts as it looks very glossy and the performance parts have a more mat finish.
The m-performance interior kit is matte carbon fiber but not all of the pieces available from BMW match. The CF cover for the gear selector is only available in gloss rather than the matte of the rest if the kit... It doesn't make any sense...
__________________
'14 Estoril Blue II F30 - 335i - ZMM - ZPP - ZTP - ZPS -
2TP

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
DesertSmokeBBQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #21
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,426
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
The m-performance interior kit is matte carbon fiber but not all of the pieces available from BMW match. The CF cover for the gear selector is only available in gloss rather than the matte of the rest if the kit... It doesn't make any sense...
I think there are two gear selectors available. The one I bought for my friend is dry carbon and a perfect match to his MP trim/dash kit. But on eBay I also see people selling a gloss one, I feel like that is an older PN for cars before the F30 debuted with the dry carbon MP stuff.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #22
Fazerfahrer
Private First Class
 
Fazerfahrer's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d touring F31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Germany

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I think there are two gear selectors available. The one I bought for my friend is dry carbon and a perfect match to his MP trim/dash kit. But on eBay I also see people selling a gloss one, I feel like that is an older PN for cars before the F30 debuted with the dry carbon MP stuff.
...I have all parts of the performance interieur (incl. hand brake, gear shifter,...) and all match together in matte, dry finish.
__________________
Regards Thorsten
Our rides: Mercedes C200CDI T Model / company car // E89 Z4 sDrive 30i / my summer fun toy // F31 330d touring / daily driver of my wife
Fazerfahrer is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST