F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M Performance Power Kit Details
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #309
roundel335
Brigadier General
 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC

Posts: 3,281
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
^We're thinking alike. I figure I'll have the initial break-in miles on my 335 by the time one tune or the other is available. Hoping that ETS has an F30-specific FMIC ready too.
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #310
Agamemnon
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335ix EB2, Mppk, Akra
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Richmond BC

Posts: 332
iTrader: (0)

My local BMW dealership just opened up a Performance Centre which carries all sorts of tuning opportunities for the German brands. They will have both the Dinan and the PPK when it becomes available - late summer maybe? The nice part is that these are real car nuts and should be really easy to deal with. Hopping up German cars is their whole reason for being.

My 335 will be nicely broken in when the tunes become available. I'll wait for the reviews before deciding which one.
Agamemnon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #311
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
All they said to me is that they currently have 2 F30's, a 328 and 335, and are working on items...they own them, so they must be testing a number of items.

I only need 2 items:
1. FMIC
2. TUNE

If they discover S2/S3 requires an additional oil cooler, then I'll add that.

If not, PPK it is...I just don't know, since I might be moving, if I should consider Dinan since I'm leaving my dealer that is a Dinan retailer..
Would it be an extra oil cooler or an upgrade oil cooler to the one that comes stock.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #312
F10N55
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW F10 535 xdrive m-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 177
iTrader: (1)

Dinan

As I purchased the 6yr 100k extended warranty through BMW, Dinan's tune will not warranty anything after the 4yr 50k. If something happens after that your shit out of luck. Having a tune after 4yr 50k there are more chances of things going wrong, you are essentially working the turbos harder. Dinan will be a software and not a piggy back system so bmw will know you had the software. Your better off going with JB4 where you can at least delete any hidden codes and keep your fingers crossed. In my case i might just go with the PPK.
F10N55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #313
DangerousTacos
BMW n00b
 
DangerousTacos's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55 View Post
As I purchased the 6yr 100k extended warranty through BMW, Dinan's tune will not warranty anything after the 4yr 50k. If something happens after that your shit out of luck. Having a tune after 4yr 50k there are more chances of things going wrong, you are essentially working the turbos harder. Dinan will be a software and not a piggy back system so bmw will know you had the software. Your better off going with JB4 where you can at least delete any hidden codes and keep your fingers crossed. In my case i might just go with the PPK.
Good info. Makes me lean towards the PPK a little more...
__________________
2013 BMW 335i F30 8AT - Estoril Blue II | ///M Sport Line | 19" BBS RS-GT | Performance Exhaust | PPK | Performance Brakes - Performance Center delivery 4/26/13

2008 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Montego Blue Metallic | ///M-Sport package - sold
2007 BMW 550i E60 6AT - Titanium Silver | ///M-Sport package - totaled
DangerousTacos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #314
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55
As I purchased the 6yr 100k extended warranty through BMW, Dinan's tune will not warranty anything after the 4yr 50k. If something happens after that your shit out of luck. Having a tune after 4yr 50k there are more chances of things going wrong, you are essentially working the turbos harder. Dinan will be a software and not a piggy back system so bmw will know you had the software. Your better off going with JB4 where you can at least delete any hidden codes and keep your fingers crossed. In my case i might just go with the PPK.
Dinan offers a 6 year/100k now.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1 upgrade |M Sport 400M|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #315
F10N55
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW F10 535 xdrive m-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 177
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Dinan offers a 6 year/100k now.
Where did you get that info from because I just got off the phone and they said NO, only 4yr 50k.

from there Web


If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.




By the way when the weather breaks we should have a mini meet
F10N55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #316
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55 View Post
Where did you get that info from because I just got off the phone and they said NO, only 4yr 50k.

from there Web


If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.




By the way when the weather breaks we should have a mini meet

From an email from them, it's called the Dinan Care Protection program:
http://www.dinancars.com/shop/DINANC...tion-Plan.aspx

Here's a pic of the email:


I'd call them back up and call them out on it...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1 upgrade |M Sport 400M|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #317
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Would it be an extra oil cooler or an upgrade oil cooler to the one that comes stock.
their upgraded cooler on the E-series was pretty nice...but who knows.

You're probably right, an upgraded one is hopefully all we need for an S3 tune..
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1 upgrade |M Sport 400M|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #318
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

Posts: 1,511
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
their upgraded cooler on the E-series was pretty nice...but who knows.

You're probably right, an upgraded one is hopefully all we need for an S3 tune..
Yea, I wouldn't think they'd add a completely new one. Rather they'd probably go for upgrading the one currently on the car. An extra one would probably be overkill and not be worth it.
tdizzle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #319
F10N55
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW F10 535 xdrive m-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 177
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
From an email from them, it's called the Dinan Care Protection program:
http://www.dinancars.com/shop/DINANC...tion-Plan.aspx

Here's a pic of the email:


I'd call them back up and call them out on it...



thanks for the info, I did speak to them and you are correct but you would have to purchase that warranty.
This time they were actually helpful, I guess it depends on who you talk to.

Last edited by F10N55; 03-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.
F10N55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #320
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55 View Post
thanks for the info, I did speak to them and you are correct but you would have to purchase that warranty.
This time they were actually helpful, I guess it depends on who you talk to.
Well yeah, of course you'd have to buy it....lol, no warranty extension is free!

I guess we were on different wave lengths, but you are correct, a Dinan product purchased at an authorized retailer and installed by them, will last 4 years/50k miles.

How much was the 6 year?
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1 upgrade |M Sport 400M|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #321
F10N55
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW F10 535 xdrive m-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 177
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Well yeah, of course you'd have to buy it....lol, no warranty extension is free!

I guess we were on different wave lengths, but you are correct, a Dinan product purchased at an authorized retailer and installed by them, will last 4 years/50k miles.

How much was the 6 year?

Close to $3,200-$3,300 depending on mileage.
F10N55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #322
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55 View Post
Close to $3,200-$3,300 depending on mileage.
that's absurd!!

The BMWNA one is $2600 for my car with less than 10k on it.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1 upgrade |M Sport 400M|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #323
roundel335
Brigadier General
 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC

Posts: 3,281
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
I just got the 7-year for $2900 on mine...
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #324
335ny
Private First Class
 
335ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LI

Posts: 192
iTrader: (1)

well someone in ny just ordered the ppk from their dealer who told them its definetly the tune, his trying to post pics of the parts numbers but cant from his phone, supposed to be done in two days. its on the main page, I hope this is true.
__________________
2013 335i estoril blue//coral red interior//loaded
335ny is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #325
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,509
iTrader: (0)

Interesting.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #326
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (3)

That's pretty early...BMW said they were a month behind schedule, so if they are legitimately installing in March...woah.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1 upgrade |M Sport 400M|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #327
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,509
iTrader: (0)

I wonder if you can put cobb ontop of ppk? Since ppk just gives the 335i, 335is specs?
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #328
roundel335
Brigadier General
 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC

Posts: 3,281
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
I'd wait and see. Stacking tunes might be risky until it's known what the factory thing will produce. That, and Cobb might need to do some R&D since the F30 has a different DME than previous series.
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #329
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

Posts: 1,511
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
I'd wait and see. Stacking tunes might be risky until it's known what the factory thing will produce. That, and Cobb might need to do some R&D since the F30 has a different DME than previous series.
You can't "stack" tunes exactly. They really overwrite each other. Not like ppk gives you a 20hp increase, and cobb gives a 30hp, so both will give 50hp. Doesn't work like that as they're both (really simply put) are just increasing boost adjusting parameters.

They basically flash over each other so no real point in doing both. PPK will be a bit more conservative and probably cost more but give you the full BMW warranty while others will probably be more aggressive with less warranty (if any).
tdizzle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #330
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,509
iTrader: (0)

The PPK makes the 335i into a 335is. Cobb and other brands have tunes for 335is's. The aftermarket tune doesn't overwrite that... I don't see the difference.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST