F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone on the Independence II?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Anyone on the Independence II?

I am.

Estimated to arrive in Baltimore on 8/29.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
gerbs
woof
 
gerbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,153
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to gerbs
About time you got on a ship, was afraid you might say for-ev-er again

Congrats Now the real wait begins..
__________________

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
gerbs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
About time you got on a ship, was afraid you might say for-ev-er again

Congrats Now the real wait begins..
Haha. Ever seen The Sandlot?

And thank you.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
sirdrebin
New Member
 
Drives: MY2013 335xi sedan ordered
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Independence 2 Bimmers

From the lack of response to your question, it looks like there are only the two of us on that ship! Should make getting unloaded and thru the prep center process real fast, huh.

Yeah, sure!!
sirdrebin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdrebin View Post
From the lack of response to your question, it looks like there are only the two of us on that ship! Should make getting unloaded and thru the prep center process real fast, huh.

Yeah, sure!!


Glad to hear you're on board as well man.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
GiantsFan
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 EB 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

I am also on the Independence 2...hopefully the trek from Baltimore to Chicago wont be long.
GiantsFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
I am also on the Independence 2...hopefully the trek from Baltimore to Chicago wont be long.
Welcome!

Estimated time of arrival at the port in Baltimore is now 8/28.

I'm in central Indiana (Indianapolis area) and I anticipate taking delivery sometime during the first week of September.

Hopefully Isaac doesn't wreak any havoc along the east cost (or anywhere else, for that matter).
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
THizzle7XU
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

I'm also on the Independence 2. Took about the standard 3 days for the VIN to appear in their tracking system. I was hoping for the Salome, which being a newer ship appears to be much faster and just popped up on Marinetraffic on the US east coast. The Salome left just after the Independence 2 arrived, and the Independence 2 actually got a jump on coming to the US over the Salome as it only stopped in South Hampton. But it's only a day or so behind now. But hey, the Independence 2 is an American ship, right?
THizzle7XU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THizzle7XU View Post
I'm also on the Independence 2. Took about the standard 3 days for the VIN to appear in their tracking system. I was hoping for the Salome, which being a newer ship appears to be much faster and just popped up on Marinetraffic on the US east coast. The Salome left just after the Independence 2 arrived, and the Independence 2 actually got a jump on coming to the US over the Salome as it only stopped in South Hampton. But it's only a day or so behind now. But hey, the Independence 2 is an American ship, right?
Good to know that you are on board as well!

I think the Independence II is making some serious headway because when I talked to my CA recently, he said that I should anticipate taking delivery this week! It is really all contingent upon the carrier at this point.

I hear that a lot of F30s are just sitting in Baltimore with no ride right now.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
THizzle7XU
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Good to know that you are on board as well!

I think the Independence II is making some serious headway because when I talked to my CA recently, he said that I should anticipate taking delivery this week! It is really all contingent upon the carrier at this point.

I hear that a lot of F30s are just sitting in Baltimore with no ride right now.
This week sounds very optimistic, unless you live in Baltimore or very close. I figure it gets there Wednesday, a few days at the VPC, and then loaded on a truck and drive time a couple more days with the truck making a few stops(?). Plus it's Labor Day Weekend. I'm guessing more like mid to late next week...
THizzle7XU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THizzle7XU View Post
This week sounds very optimistic, unless you live in Baltimore or very close. I figure it gets there Wednesday, a few days at the VPC, and then loaded on a truck and drive time a couple more days with the truck making a few stops(?). Plus it's Labor Day Weekend. I'm guessing more like mid to late next week...
^ ^ Probably the more realistic assessment.

She's getting closer to Baltimore.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
 
Drives: 05 Elise REV310
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Odessa, TX

Posts: 442
iTrader: (0)

I'm on a boat. not sure which one...but I'm on a boat....You'll recognize my car as the best looking one.
Mrcarcrazy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
scsweet
New Member
 
Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

I'm with you too... getting closer. www.marinetraffic.com shows Independence 2 off Virginia Beach entering Chesapeake Bay
scsweet is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
THizzle7XU
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweet View Post
I'm with you too... getting closer. www.marinetraffic.com shows Independence 2 off Virginia Beach entering Chesapeake Bay
Yep, it's in the Bay now

It didn't show for about 24 hours. Thought it got lost in the Bermuda Triangle for a bit there...
THizzle7XU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
scsweet
New Member
 
Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

One step closer...

Name: INDEPENDENCE 2 http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ship...e-2-I5732.html
IMO: 9070448
Time: 29-08-2012 10:03:45 UTC

PORT: The vessel INDEPENDENCE 2 has moored at berth. ( Port: Baltimore Berth: Baltimore Port )
scsweet is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
GiantsFan
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 EB 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Has anyone on Independence II received their car or found out if their car has been "released to carrier" (ie on the truck)?
GiantsFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
scsweet
New Member
 
Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Searching the shipper website (put the last 7 of the VIN into the cargo ID field) has entries for "customs release" and "shipper release" dated yesterday.

The BMWUSA website now shows my car in the "finishing touches" stage.
scsweet is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweet View Post
Searching the shipper website (put the last 7 of the VIN into the cargo ID field) has entries for "customs release" and "shipper release" dated yesterday.

The BMWUSA website now shows my car in the "finishing touches" stage.
Shipper website?

Could you provide some additional information?

Awesome news though.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
scsweet
New Member
 
Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Sorry,

The shipper is Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics.

Go to their website: http://www.2wglobal.com
Select "Track and Trace" from the "Customer Centre" dropdown menu
Enter the last 7 digits of your VIN in the cargo ID field on the right.

When you click "Track" you should get taken to a screen that shows the details I mentioned.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by scsweet; 08-31-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added image
scsweet is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #20
sirdrebin
New Member
 
Drives: MY2013 335xi sedan ordered
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Hey, Fellow Giants Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
Has anyone on Independence II received their car or found out if their car has been "released to carrier" (ie on the truck)?
My car went thru Baltimore VPC yesterday and arrived at my dealer today at about 2 pm. I'll pick it up after Labor Day and almost exactly 3 months after placing the order/deposit!
sirdrebin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,078
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweet View Post
Sorry,

The shipper is Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics.

Go to their website: http://www.2wglobal.com
Select "Track and Trace" from the "Customer Centre" dropdown menu
Enter the last 7 digits of your VIN in the cargo ID field on the right.

When you click "Track" you should get taken to a screen that shows the details I mentioned.
No worries man! Awesome info! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdrebin View Post
My car went thru Baltimore VPC yesterday and arrived at my dealer today at about 2 pm. I'll pick it up after Labor Day and almost exactly 3 months after placing the order/deposit!
Congratulations! I spoke with my dealer today and mine is set to arrive tomorrow!
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
GiantsFan
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 EB 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

ybbiz34...where are you located...Im in Chicago...Im hoping to get mine to the dealer by next wednesday but no definite ETA yet?
GiantsFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST