|09-30-2013, 08:37 PM||#1|
Private First Class
Drives: 428i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boulder, CO
435 xdrive Test Drive
My CA emailed me today and told me they had a 435xdrive ready for me to test drive so I went there right after work. Since I already have a car on order with him, he let me take the car by myself and told me to come back whenever. So I took the car to the backroads and had some fun for half an hour. First the negatives:
- It was a base car with no DHP and since it was the xdrive it had the softest suspension. So when I kinda pushed it on twisties the car had some noticable body roll.
- Base car also means no sport seats and they had no lateral support whatsoever.
- Again the base car on black just doesn't look special. You can't tell the lines and curves of the car.
And now the positives which by far outweigh the negatives:
- The ASS is much improved. I drove MY13 328 and 335 xdrives before and ASS was annoying as hell. I didn't even notice the ASS working with the MY14 435.
- I really liked the steering. It was conveniently light at around parking lot speeds and weighted up nicely when on the move. It was very direct and had some decent feel to it.
- The seating position felt noticeably lower than the 3 and thus had much sporty feel.
- The 8-speed gearbox is buttery smooth and shifts seamlessly.
- The engine pulls very hard at any rpm and sounds awesome on full throttle.
Overall I liked the car and can't wait for my 428xdrive to arrive. I also would be happy to answer any questions you might have...
Last edited by boulderado; 09-30-2013 at 08:58 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|