F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Getting to the Performance Center for delivery
Bimmertech
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
YeaF30
Second Lieutenant
 
YeaF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Getting to the Performance Center for delivery

I'm doing PCD and I live in Charlotte NC. I was planning to drive there but now that I'm thinking about logistics, my wife will have to drive the other car back. I mean it's no skin our backs to drive the car home but it would be better experience if we both rode together in the new car. So I'm asking everyone's input on ideas for how to get down there. Obviously I've thought of flying and a rental. Think outside the box people. I'm looking for the PCD veterans advice.
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line - Alpine White / Coral Red :: ZPP :: ZPS :: ZCW :: 522
YeaF30 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
toph
Enlisted Member
 
toph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

I'm not a PCD veteran, but you could Amtrak it.
__________________
2012 F30 328i Sport Line 6MT. Timeline
toph is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
YeaF30
Second Lieutenant
 
YeaF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Good idea however, the only train leaves at like 3AM.
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line - Alpine White / Coral Red :: ZPP :: ZPS :: ZCW :: 522
YeaF30 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
johnofcross
Second Lieutenant
 
johnofcross's Avatar
 
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Bus, hitchhike, tandem bike, skydive down, taxi?

Just throwing it all out there.
johnofcross is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
RPM90
Major General
 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 5,953
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaF30 View Post
I'm doing PCD and I live in Charlotte NC. I was planning to drive there but now that I'm thinking about logistics, my wife will have to drive the other car back. I mean it's no skin our backs to drive the car home but it would be better experience if we both rode together in the new car. So I'm asking everyone's input on ideas for how to get down there. Obviously I've thought of flying and a rental. Think outside the box people. I'm looking for the PCD veterans advice.
One way cheap rental, drop of the rental nearby.

Out of the box:
-Hitchhike - wife wears "proper" attire to get better ride results.
-Steal a car and drop off at nearest police station with an apology note.
-Roller skates and large bed sheet, hope for heavy wind in correct direction.
-Ask a friend, relative, neighbor kid, to drive you in your other car, offer free dining and drinks upon return. Legal implications if neighborhood kid is under 21, solution: non alcohol lemonade drinks!
-College ride board, one way.
-Ask local car dealer if they need to transport a car to the PCD area, offer to drive it to the other dealer, and have that dealer drive you to PCD.
-Use magicians disappearing cabinet and reemerge at PCD.
-Canoe or boat rental on a river that runs through it/PCD that is.
-Offer yourselves up to aliens as "abductees", ask to be returned to at the PCD. Don't forget to negotiate NO anal probes, unless you're into that kinda thing. I don't judge.

BONUS: Due to aliens ability to warp and control the time-space continuum, you can do the PCD, get abducted again, and return back to PCD on the first day you picked up your new BMW, all over again!
2 PCD events, 1 purchase, win win.
RPM90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
YeaF30
Second Lieutenant
 
YeaF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Good point sir. Well allow me to retort...

One way rental is $150 after taxes and fees.

-Hitchhiking can work, as said, with proper attire. However, I find that my wife may be embarrassed if I wear heals and skirt.
-I could steal a car and just leave a note on a napkin saying, "couldn't find a meter, but here's $5 bucks".
-Roller skates... meh.
-Friends and family may be an option. But the alcohol bribe may have to be pretty hefty.
-I don't even know what a college ride board is.
-Asking the dealer to do a transfer for them isn't actually a bad idea. I may actually use this option if the CA is willing to pull such a heist.
-David Copperfielding to the PCD would be awesome, just as long as I could come out of the trunk of the newly ordered car rather than a mysterious box. Throw in some smoke and thin sheets fluttering, for good measure.
-I don't think that there are any rivers near the PCD.
-You mean Gods? thats what L Ron Hubbard told me they were. They won't cooperate until I am a higher level in the organization...

-Instead of doing a time warp I'm thinking more along the lines of doing a PCD inception, a Delivery within a Delivery. And then just ride the Delivery up and out with the proper kick. 2 Deliveries and I could plant the idea in my wife's head that she is okay with driving our other car home and I can enjoy the new bimmer to myself.


All very good suggestions. My last option is to hire a helicopter as it will cost about $400 and a single plane ticket to greenville is about $300. DEAL!
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line - Alpine White / Coral Red :: ZPP :: ZPS :: ZCW :: 522
YeaF30 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
 
Drives: 05 Elise REV310
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Odessa, TX

Posts: 442
iTrader: (0)

I can fly there for 200 bucks....that's what I'm doing.(assuming things go as planned)
Mrcarcrazy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
SL01
Private
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Try a one way airport to airport car rental - we just did this and drove up from Orlando with a Hertz car rental. Total for 2 days was about $80.
SL01 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
adelphi_sky
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Jet Black
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelphi, MD

Posts: 374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL01 View Post
Try a one way airport to airport car rental - we just did this and drove up from Orlando with a Hertz car rental. Total for 2 days was about $80.

Hmmmmmm. We just ordered a 328i M-Sport with PCD. never thought of doing an airport rental. That may be a good idea since I get free upgrades to luxury for airport rentals.
adelphi_sky is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
wolke9
apexlvr
 
wolke9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VW GTI;335i m-sprt ordrd
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hampton Roads, VA

Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)

I plan on doing the Performance Center delivery too. I know they offer a shuttle from the Hotel nearby to the PC. If you are flying into Greenville/Spartanburg Airport--u can get a shuttle to the Marriot ( its included in your delivery at the PC) and then take the BMW shuttle to the PC the next morning.

From the BMW website:

If flying to South Carolina on a commercial aircraft, which airport should a customer utilize and which airline carriers are available there?
Customers flying into South Carolina should utilize the Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). Visit www.gspairport.com for more details. Available airlines include American Eagle, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Comair, Northwest Airlines, Northwest Air Link, United Express Airlines, U.S. Airways, and U.S. Airways Express. All airlines are subject to change. Visit www.gspairport.com for more information. Pick up at GSP is provided by the Greenville Marriott courtesy shuttle, (864) 297-0300, and is available from 5:00 am thru 12:00 midnight.

Check out this link too. It should answer most, if not all, of your questions:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...CenterFAQ.aspx
wolke9 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
shoptb
Captain
 
shoptb's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 328i MSport EBII 8A
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus OH

Posts: 681
iTrader: (0)

So seriously this is like an 85-mile drive from Charlotte down to Greer.... Just get a friend to drive you down? When coming from Ohio, the list of available options = 1) fly or 2) fly.
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Delivered! '13 F30 328i, 8SA, Estoril Blue II w/ Black Lthr. ZMM, ZPP, ZTP, ZLP, ZDA, ZCW, ZDH
shoptb is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
RPM90
Major General
 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 5,953
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaF30 View Post
Good point sir. Well allow me to retort...

One way rental is $150 after taxes and fees.

-Hitchhiking can work, as said, with proper attire. However, I find that my wife may be embarrassed if I wear heals and skirt.
-I could steal a car and just leave a note on a napkin saying, "couldn't find a meter, but here's $5 bucks".
-Roller skates... meh.
-Friends and family may be an option. But the alcohol bribe may have to be pretty hefty.
-I don't even know what a college ride board is.
-Asking the dealer to do a transfer for them isn't actually a bad idea. I may actually use this option if the CA is willing to pull such a heist.
-David Copperfielding to the PCD would be awesome, just as long as I could come out of the trunk of the newly ordered car rather than a mysterious box. Throw in some smoke and thin sheets fluttering, for good measure.
-I don't think that there are any rivers near the PCD.
-You mean Gods? thats what L Ron Hubbard told me they were. They won't cooperate until I am a higher level in the organization...

-Instead of doing a time warp I'm thinking more along the lines of doing a PCD inception, a Delivery within a Delivery. And then just ride the Delivery up and out with the proper kick. 2 Deliveries and I could plant the idea in my wife's head that she is okay with driving our other car home and I can enjoy the new bimmer to myself.


All very good suggestions. My last option is to hire a helicopter as it will cost about $400 and a single plane ticket to greenville is about $300. DEAL!

NOW we're thinking!

The car transport idea may work.

College ride board is where transportless college students seek rides from transport-full college students, and share gas expense.
I think it's still done, don't know. My college days ended back in '87 when that old actor dude was president.

Personally I'm diggin the alien idea. I'm outside right now with my flashlight and flicking it on/off in the night sky.
Wait....I see....hold on.....
RPM90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
Erik.klenke
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL01 View Post
Try a one way airport to airport car rental - we just did this and drove up from Orlando with a Hertz car rental. Total for 2 days was about $80.
This is what we are planning on doing from Durham, NC. Think Enterprise was something like $60 for a 1 day 1 way rental to GSP airport. Then figured we could get hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel.
Erik.klenke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #14
YeaF30
Second Lieutenant
 
YeaF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik.klenke View Post
This is what we are planning on doing from Durham, NC. Think Enterprise was something like $60 for a 1 day 1 way rental to GSP airport. Then figured we could get hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel.
I just looked it up and your rates are like half what I would pay to come from a place (Charlotte) that is closer. That doesn't make any sense.
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line - Alpine White / Coral Red :: ZPP :: ZPS :: ZCW :: 522
YeaF30 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
RPM90
Major General
 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 5,953
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaF30 View Post
I just looked it up and your rates are like half what I would pay to come from a place (Charlotte) that is closer. That doesn't make any sense.
Are you guys looking at rates for the same type of car?
Maybe that's the difference?
RPM90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
YeaF30
Second Lieutenant
 
YeaF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
First I did Raleigh Durham to Spartanburg and saw it was like $60 something plus tax and fees. Then I just changed it to Charlotte and it jumps to $147 something. That was for enterprise. It's similar for all companies. It happens likewise on plane tickets. If you fly out of RD, it's much cheaper than flying out of Charlotte.
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line - Alpine White / Coral Red :: ZPP :: ZPS :: ZCW :: 522
YeaF30 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST