F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 3-Series Sedan / F32 4-Series Coupe Forum > Sneak Peek: 2013 BMW 3-Series
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #23
JoshM813
First Lieutenant
 
JoshM813's Avatar
 
Drives: E55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 365
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
wow, audi doesnt even need to try to steal bmw customers anymore with bmw lookin like that..

+1
__________________
Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
My Mods: Eurocharged Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump

Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
JoshM813 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #24
Alchem
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago

Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

You guys are too gullible. That is not the new 3 series. Chill out.
Alchem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #25
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
Sneak Peek: 2013 BMW 3-Series


The next-generation M3 will only come in coupe and convertible versions. In both cases, the 420-hp V-8 will be replaced by a 3.0-liter twin-turbo straight six good for around 450 hp.



http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ies/index.html

Why is no one commenting on this lil tid bit of information.... So you are telling me they have figured out a way of pumping 450 HP from a 3.0 L I6? And they are putting it in the M3... Why wouldn't they use the engine from the X6m? I would assume weight is the big issue but damn they are going to have to build a bullet proof I6 to push that kinda HP. Reliably that is. I mean we all know it can happen with the current N54, but what we do to our cars and what a company would produce for world wide use is a whole different story.
NYCGarbagePrince is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #26
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nebraska

Posts: 403
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Why is no one commenting on this lil tid bit of information.... So you are telling me they have figured out a way of pumping 450 HP from a 3.0 L I6? And they are putting it in the M3... Why wouldn't they use the engine from the X6m? I would assume weight is the big issue but damn they are going to have to build a bullet proof I6 to push that kinda HP. Reliably that is. I mean we all know it can happen with the current N54, but what we do to our cars and what a company would produce for world wide use is a whole different story.
It's no biggie, gtr's and porsche turbo's have 500 hp from 3.6-3.8 liters. If it's with direct injection and twin twin scroll turbo's this isn't a stretch nowadays. Porsche and gtr engine's have been proven reliable up to 700hp as well over the years. The new 3.8 liter 911 turbo s model will have 530hp and the new gt2rs will have 620hp from a 3.8 liter. And for M models, they can spend the money for this.
Cornhusker is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #27
archtheque
New Member
 
Drives: 335 XI
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

2013 3-series

hey guys,

i was shopping for a new rear aero package on my dealership website and i came across this! i supposed it's a pretty "reliable source" considered this wind came straight from the dealership and they have the most direct knowledge about the new 3-series from the bavarian land. most pics i saw here were what i think is a new different genre of 3-series more in tune to the new release of 5-series gran tourismo. hope i'm not wrong about this. anyway, spread the news and share these pics with everyone here. thanks!
Attached Images
   
archtheque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #28
MangoMan305
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 1997 318i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
looks like a z4 and the new 5 series smashed together into one....
this ^
MangoMan305 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #29
Zero.7
Colonel
 
Zero.7's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i Msprt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SOC

Posts: 2,386
iTrader: (6)

If history has taught us anything about next generations of 3 series, they almost always look better than these pre-release photos. A lot of members tend to rip on any new changes, b/c we are so accustomed to seeing the "older" version(s). I recall a time when 3 series owners ripped on the looks of the e46s when they first came out. Now, the e46 body style is probably considered by many as one of the best looking body style to date for the 3 series.

And, I definitely recall many e46 owners ripping on the e90s when they first came out. Now, many of them are driving e90s. So, it's always fun to see these photos and comment about them, but I will reserve comments on its looks until I see one in person or until the time comes when "actual" and "real" photos are out.
__________________

'09 e90 AW 335i M-sport
6-speed Manual
BMW PPK 1 / BMW Perf. Exhaust and Gloss black grilles / 19" BMW 313 Perf. wheels / BMW Perf. aero side skirts and rear diffuser
Zero.7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #30
buckshizzo
First Lieutenant
 
buckshizzo's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 303
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
If history has taught us anything about next generations of 3 series, they almost always look better than these pre-release photos. A lot of members tend to rip on any new changes, b/c we are so accustomed to seeing the "older" version(s). I recall a time when 3 series owners ripped on the looks of the e46s when they first came out. Now, the e46 body style is probably considered by many as one of the best looking body style to date for the 3 series.

And, I definitely recall many e46 owners ripping on the e90s when they first came out. Now, many of them are driving e90s. So, it's always fun to see these photos and comment about them, but I will reserve comments on its looks until I see one in person or until the time comes when "actual" and "real" photos are out.
Agreed.
buckshizzo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #31
noro
Colonel
 
noro's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3 / E46 ZHP
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston

Posts: 2,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
If history has taught us anything about next generations of 3 series, they almost always look better than these pre-release photos. A lot of members tend to rip on any new changes, b/c we are so accustomed to seeing the "older" version(s). I recall a time when 3 series owners ripped on the looks of the e46s when they first came out. Now, the e46 body style is probably considered by many as one of the best looking body style to date for the 3 series.

And, I definitely recall many e46 owners ripping on the e90s when they first came out. Now, many of them are driving e90s. So, it's always fun to see these photos and comment about them, but I will reserve comments on its looks until I see one in person or until the time comes when "actual" and "real" photos are out.
Yes and no. I think the pre-facelift E90 will always look worse because of its oddly designed headlights and the front grill. They did however bring some of the germanness back with the facelift.
__________________
zhpregistry.net - ZHP stats and free classifieds.
noro is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #32
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,410
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
wow, audi doesnt even need to try to steal bmw customers anymore with bmw lookin like that..
NOT REAL
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #33
busta7777
Captain
 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

Posts: 631
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by archtheque View Post
hey guys,

i was shopping for a new rear aero package on my dealership website and i came across this! i supposed it's a pretty "reliable source" considered this wind came straight from the dealership and they have the most direct knowledge about the new 3-series from the bavarian land. most pics i saw here were what i think is a new different genre of 3-series more in tune to the new release of 5-series gran tourismo. hope i'm not wrong about this. anyway, spread the news and share these pics with everyone here. thanks!



DAM THATS one ugly 3 series
busta7777 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2010, 04:31 AM   #34
jvowles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 330D MSport E92
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

I have mixed feelings
jvowles is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #35
skiingmav
Private
 
skiingmav's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beach

Posts: 61
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
UGLY
skiingmav is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #36
psquires
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08' 335I E90
Join Date: May 2010
Location: sfbay

Posts: 113
iTrader: (2)

I think it look good but the profile of the car needs work. looks to short.
psquires is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #37
MikeTerp
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328 (E90)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Whatever it finally looks like, if BMW is going to throw a bunch of 4 bangers at us, turbos or not, they had better get a lot of weight out of this car.
MikeTerp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #38
Casca
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

It's like looking at the face of someone with a really weak jawline. At first, you can't really place what you find wrong with it, but you know something is wrong.
Casca is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #39
FBOOST
Private First Class
 
FBOOST's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 146
iTrader: (8)

Headlights reminds me of an Evo X or worse a Lancer
FBOOST is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #40
jeiarneec
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SD

Posts: 293
iTrader: (1)

reminds me of the accord crossover
jeiarneec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #41
Alex@Alpine
E90Post Supporting Vendor
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (36)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Yup
__________________
alex@alpinemss.com
Text Message/Whatsapp 310-560-0808
E & F Series coding
Alex@Alpine is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #42
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen
 
ellipsis212's Avatar
 
Drives: MB 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC > RVA

Posts: 965
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockE90 View Post
Repost AND wrong section? C'mon, I only have 18 posts and I already know better than that. Lol!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364993
there are enough repost gestapos on the board already

that 3er GT has got to be a photochopped 5er GT
ellipsis212 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #43
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen
 
ellipsis212's Avatar
 
Drives: MB 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC > RVA

Posts: 965
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeiarneec View Post
reminds me of the accord crossover
that is the ugliest car i have seen since the Aztek
ellipsis212 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #44
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,805
iTrader: (23)

The gran turismo concept needs to be scrapped. Its terrible on the 5, and the reason why the 5GT isnt selling.
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012 3 series, 2012 3-series, 2013 3 series, 2013 3-series, 2013 bmw 3 series, 2013 bmw 3-series, 2013 bmw m3, 2013 m3, 2014 bmw m3, 2014 m3, bmw f30, bmw f32, f30, f30 3 series, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 forum, f30 m3, f30 sedan, f32, f32 3 series, f32 3-series, f32 3-series forum, f32 forum, f32 m3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST