F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 3-Series Sedan / F32 4-Series Coupe Forum > Interior mirror dropping
Mtrack

09-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #45
Sedan_Clan
Capoeirista Extraordinaire!

Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex! Or running your plates...

I only noticed this with the X5. I don't recall my M3 mirrors changing much and my F30 isn't experiencing that issue.
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
      09-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #46
metrathon
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTC View Post
Heh, and all this time I thought I was just crazy and imagining it was actually dropping.
I have a healthy amount of self-confidence, but it still took me a few months to believe this is happening
      12-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #47
Bmwphile
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 F30 328i Auto

After several tries of tightening the mirror to prevent the droop, I have had the mirror replaced (under warranty of course!). Hopefully, this will be the end of my sagging mirror!
      12-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #48
pz619
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 328i Sportline

So I really don't get it. It practically takes a vice grip and a lever to move my mirror, yet every few days it droops down. Really defies physics.
      12-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #49
PAMidge
Saving Lives Since 2000

Drives: 2014 335xi & 2013 X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
A: You got a $35k car with lots of options.
B: You bought an early model year car, and any early model year of a generation is going to have many things that don't work right.
C: Your mirror has a security light, camera sensors, light sensors, homelink antennas and a bunch of other crap that a Kia does not have. Additional weight = additional momentum. Take your mirror apart, take all the PCB's out and I guarantee you it won't move.
D: I've owned plenty of new cars and every one had some random quirk. My $40k Acura had "Auto closing doors" that would slam on my legs whenever I got out and didn't hold the door in place for a few seconds. My $50k Corvette had sensors that failed every other week.

Since when has ANY car manufacturer given anyone money back (With the exception of the recent Hyundai EPA scandal) for something that doesn't work right? My wife's VW burned a quart of Mobil 1 every 1000 miles, VW never paid her a cent, and that was on a car that's the same price as your 3.

If you really want to fix it take it apart, throw a dab of glue on it, set it and forget it.

To complain about this as a "problem" is like saying "my window is rolled down, I better take the car in for service!"...or you could just reach over, touch it, and your problem is back to normal.

Just do what I do, have your wife drive your car once a week and then you'll have to readjust not only the mirror, but your steering wheel too. How dare they not put in an electronic tilt steering wheel!

People on this board need to drive some really terrible cars for a few days to realize how well these cars are built. Go rent a Chrysler, you'll feel better.

/rant

Are you out of your mind? Yes if there's a problem with your car's build quality - big or small - you bring it in and have someone fix it. Just because it's a heavy mirror with lots of gadgets in it doesn't mean that the folks at R&D can't figure out how to get the mirror to stay in place.

What happens with the OP's problem turns from 3-4 days, to 3-4 minutes? You expect him to readjust it every time?

Premium product - premium parts - premium service. If we're paying for that, that's what we should receive, nothing less. His problem sounds like a nuisance, and a rear view mirror shouldn't have to be adjusted every few days. Driving cars for 20 years, I've never had a single mirror with this issue. It's a problem, others have this problem - so probably an early build quality issue.
PAMidge is offline   No_Country
      12-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #50
Sedan_Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
Are you out of your mind? Yes if there's a problem with your car's build quality - big or small - you bring it in and have someone fix it. Just because it's a heavy mirror with lots of gadgets in it doesn't mean that the folks at R&D can't figure out how to get the mirror to stay in place.

What happens with the OP's problem turns from 3-4 days, to 3-4 minutes? You expect him to readjust it every time?

Premium product - premium parts - premium service. If we're paying for that, that's what we should receive, nothing less. His problem sounds like a nuisance, and a rear view mirror shouldn't have to be adjusted every few days. Driving cars for 20 years, I've never had a single mirror with this issue. It's a problem, others have this problem - so probably an early build quality issue.

Sedatives work wonders these days ya know. Relax!
      12-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #51
PAMidge
Saving Lives Since 2000

Drives: 2014 335xi & 2013 X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Sedatives work wonders these days ya know. Relax!
I'm glad you celebrate mediocrity. I don't. Everyone's entitled to their own values.
PAMidge is offline   No_Country
      12-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #52
Sedan_Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
I'm glad you celebrate mediocrity. I don't. Everyone's entitled to their own values.
LOL! You are really one high strung dude or dudette. Nobody is celebrating mediocrity. I'm merely saying that the diatribe isn't necessary, and to chill out.
      12-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #53
billspreston
damn you mod bug

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Send a message via AIM to billspreston
Wow +1 on the droopy mirror here. Thought I was going crazy.
      12-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #54
OC40
Major

Drives: 335i MSport with MPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
A: You got a $35k car with lots of options.
B: You bought an early model year car, and any early model year of a generation is going to have many things that don't work right.
C: Your mirror has a security light, camera sensors, light sensors, homelink antennas and a bunch of other crap that a Kia does not have. Additional weight = additional momentum. Take your mirror apart, take all the PCB's out and I guarantee you it won't move.
D: I've owned plenty of new cars and every one had some random quirk. My $40k Acura had "Auto closing doors" that would slam on my legs whenever I got out and didn't hold the door in place for a few seconds. My $50k Corvette had sensors that failed every other week.

Since when has ANY car manufacturer given anyone money back (With the exception of the recent Hyundai EPA scandal) for something that doesn't work right? My wife's VW burned a quart of Mobil 1 every 1000 miles, VW never paid her a cent, and that was on a car that's the same price as your 3.

If you really want to fix it take it apart, throw a dab of glue on it, set it and forget it.

To complain about this as a "problem" is like saying "my window is rolled down, I better take the car in for service!"...or you could just reach over, touch it, and your problem is back to normal.

Just do what I do, have your wife drive your car once a week and then you'll have to readjust not only the mirror, but your steering wheel too. How dare they not put in an electronic tilt steering wheel!

People on this board need to drive some really terrible cars for a few days to realize how well these cars are built. Go rent a Chrysler, you'll feel better.

/rant

First, a 3-Series is not premium.

Second, I had the issue. Dealer replaced the mirror. It doesn't drop now.
      12-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #55
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilkx1 View Post
Couldn't disagree more. How many new cars have you ever owned that have mirrors that droop and require constant re-adjustment? Since when have our standards dropped so low that you invest 40 to 50 large on a car and yet its okay to let obvious quality issues slide? You think BMW would give him 50bucks off his car payment because the mirror doesn't stay where it should? He paid a premium price, he has every right to expect a premium product. If Kia can get it right in their cheapest model why not BMW?
+1
Instead of having to adjust the mirror for years to come (depending on how long you are going to keep the car) i would rather spend an hour or 2 at the dealership and fix it for good.
www.ExtremePowerHouse.com
Facebook Page
mike@x-ph.com is offline   United_States