F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > M-Sport Rear Reflector DIY?
Bimmertech

04-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
fricfracfrank
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

IND M-Sport Rear Reflector DIY?

I see all the information and DIY instructions for replacing the front reflectors but after searching for a while I can't find a detailed guide to replacing the rear reflectors especially with m-sport bumper.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Present: 2013 Estoril Blue 335i xdrive ///M sport - Cold Weather pkg, Premium pkg, Tech pkg, paddle shifters, HK, black interior

Last edited by fricfracfrank; 04-30-2013 at 11:20 AM.
      04-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
fricfracfrank
Private First Class

Anyone? IND where are you with some help

Present: 2013 Estoril Blue 335i xdrive ///M sport - Cold Weather pkg, Premium pkg, Tech pkg, paddle shifters, HK, black interior
      05-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
spindiesel
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 328i msport

I took my rear fascia and reflectors off and plasticoated them black. Super easy.
      05-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
R12ax7
Captain

Drives: 2011 328i M-sport 6MT

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindiesel View Post
I took my rear fascia and reflectors off and plasticoated them black. Super easy.

Pics?
      05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
fricfracfrank
Private First Class

Yea where are the pics...or at least description haha

05-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
n55x3
Lieutenant

Drives: n55 BMWs

They take 2 minutes to remove. If you are looking at the back of the car there are 3 clips on each reflector. For the first reflector removal I'd lay on your back under the rear of the vehicle (once you do it once you can remove them without crawling under). Press in the clip that is closet to the middle of the car and push outward lightly. This will undue the inside clip, then for the middle clip you have to press down and push lightly. The third clip (the one towards the outside of the car) isn't so much a clip as it is more of a hook to hold the reflector in. When the inside and middle clips have been depressed you can just push on the reflector and it will pop out.

I just pulled mine out a couple days ago to tint them. Did a mock up by putting some clear tape on them and cut that to shape. Then sprayed VHT niteshade to tint them relatively dark. After I reinstalled them I decided it was a little odd looking on my MSport so I simply pulled the now tinted clear tape off and reinstalled the reflectors. I may decide to paint them the same color as the diffuser at a later date.
      05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
fricfracfrank
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
They take 2 minutes to remove. If you are looking at the back of the car there are 3 clips on each reflector. For the first reflector removal I'd lay on your back under the rear of the vehicle (once you do it once you can remove them without crawling under). Press in the clip that is closet to the middle of the car and push outward lightly. This will undue the inside clip, then for the middle clip you have to press down and push lightly. The third clip (the one towards the outside of the car) isn't so much a clip as it is more of a hook to hold the reflector in. When the inside and middle clips have been depressed you can just push on the reflector and it will pop out.

I just pulled mine out a couple days ago to tint them. Did a mock up by putting some clear tape on them and cut that to shape. Then sprayed VHT niteshade to tint them relatively dark. After I reinstalled them I decided it was a little odd looking on my MSport so I simply pulled the now tinted clear tape off and reinstalled the reflectors. I may decide to paint them the same color as the diffuser at a later date.

THANK YOU! I just didnt want to start ripping them off and ruin anything.

05-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindiesel View Post
Did you mean "plastidip"?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States