F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Premium Package on 328
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #23
WhiteCollar
Private
 
WhiteCollar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328xi Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Id8 View Post
Agreed, obviously something is better on the car and thats why people pay a huge premium. however, it just doesnt make sense why features that are standard on a car almost half the price arent on a car that is double the price. What you're saying is that the drive is so superior that they should be able to nickle and dime for every single option and im just saying i dont agree with that, thats all.
I'm not comparing the actual cars, im comparing the pricing models of the cars.
You are looking at this all wrong. BMW is not just a car to get your from A to B. If that's what you're looking for (and compare the Bimmer with) then you will be at a loss.
As an example, why would you buy a Sony 3D TV 55", latest generation, when you can watch the same TV show on a 32" RCA or Insignia TV? Quality is one, but satisfaction and comfort are priceless.
__________________
2013 Black Sapphire 328xi Sport, Coral Red, HUD, Bth Package, Driving Assist Package, Exec Package, Premium Package
WhiteCollar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
Id8
New Member
 
Drives: Coming soon
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

I'm not saying i disagree but rather what if the RCA 32" came with 3 HDMI ports, smart TV ready with wifi access, upgraded internal speakers, etc. and while the pic on the sony 3d was the best on the market, you had to pay extra for each hdmi port, you had to pay extra for wifi ready, you had to pay extra for upgraded sound, etc. Thats the point i was trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCollar View Post
You are looking at this all wrong. BMW is not just a car to get your from A to B. If that's what you're looking for (and compare the Bimmer with) then you will be at a loss.
As an example, why would you buy a Sony 3D TV 55", latest generation, when you can watch the same TV show on a 32" RCA or Insignia TV? Quality is one, but satisfaction and comfort are priceless.
Id8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #25
WhiteCollar
Private
 
WhiteCollar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328xi Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Id8 View Post
I'm not saying i disagree but rather what if the RCA 32" came with 3 HDMI ports, smart TV ready with wifi access, upgraded internal speakers, etc. and while the pic on the sony 3d was the best on the market, you had to pay extra for each hdmi port, you had to pay extra for wifi ready, you had to pay extra for upgraded sound, etc. Thats the point i was trying to make.
Your point was equivalent to complaining about taxes. Why do we have to pay 13% when in Alberta the taxes are 5%?
In any case, feeling ripped off after you bought a car is not a feeling to live with for 4 years or more.
__________________
2013 Black Sapphire 328xi Sport, Coral Red, HUD, Bth Package, Driving Assist Package, Exec Package, Premium Package
WhiteCollar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #26
CBBMW-F30
M Performance
 
CBBMW-F30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i SPORT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

FOR: DOPIE

You better get that checked out. My handles open within a sec when I touch the handles, on either side. I do have a little trouble with the senor when I'm wearing my winter coat.
Get back to us on the results pls!
CBBMW-F30 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #27
Id8
New Member
 
Drives: Coming soon
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

1. your argument comparing a gov't social tax vs. the price of a consumer luxury good doesnt make sense.
2. I dont feel ripped off, i was just portraying a point.
3. i didnt even buy the car yet and even if i had i wouldnt be feeling ripped off

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCollar View Post
Your point was equivalent to complaining about taxes. Why do we have to pay 13% when in Alberta the taxes are 5%?
In any case, feeling ripped off after you bought a car is not a feeling to live with for 4 years or more.
Id8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #28
dopie
New Member
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Had my door handles were checked by the dealer. They said the battery was low on charge and thats why the comfort access was acting up. They've charged the battery so let's see if the problem goes away.
dopie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #29
goran9
New Member
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Auto-dimming mirrors are a life savior. Crazy how many people drive with their high beams on!
goran9 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #30
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
 
CHCCubs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 1,670
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran9 View Post
Auto-dimming mirrors are a life savior. Crazy how many people drive with their high beams on!
Agreed, between the people that drive with their highbeams on and those with illegal HID kits installed, auto-dimming mirrors are a must have around here.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
CHCCubs is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST