F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Black grilles ordered - F31 / M Performance parts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #45
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
Mat: How much is coveering in carbon (not cheap foil type, but real carbon) in your area ?

I was quoted around 200EUR for the rear and 300 for the front +-

Vadim
I've not had a price yet, but I was expecting around 350 - 400 which is about what you had been quoted I think.

How do they look in real life, in the black oem? Cheap? or not too bad?

Cheers

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #46
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
I've not had a price yet, but I was expecting around 350 - 400 which is about what you had been quoted I think.

How do they look in real life, in the black oem? Cheap? or not too bad?

Cheers

Mat
Hm , I would say if I had a White M-sport I would put the front appron as is, not sure about the rear diffusor. But I will NOT paint the rear diffusor as on demo car by BMW. For some reason it look stupid.

The plastic look pretty decent , it just I had few BMW Performance rear diffusors in my hand from the 1-er series , and they look Supercool in carbon fiber (OEM).

I guess I will cover them up and upload the pics once done , thn you can decide for yourself =]
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #47
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
Hm , I would say if I had a White M-sport I would put the front appron as is, not sure about the rear diffusor. But I will NOT paint the rear diffusor as on demo car by BMW. For some reason it look stupid.

The plastic look pretty decent , it just I had few BMW Performance rear diffusors in my hand from the 1-er series , and they look Supercool in carbon fiber (OEM).

I guess I will cover them up and upload the pics once done , thn you can decide for yourself =]
Yes carbon would look miles better. I wonder how the thickness would affect the mounting?

I have M performance in carbon front splitters and rear spoiler on my M3 so ideally wanted to carry the theme across.

Another option is non-bmw parts if there is anything decent out there.

Will you be adding the side skirts? Or just the decals?

Cheers

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #48
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Yes carbon would look miles better. I wonder how the thickness would affect the mounting?

I have M performance in carbon front splitters and rear spoiler on my M3 so ideally wanted to carry the theme across.

Another option is non-bmw parts if there is anything decent out there.

Will you be adding the side skirts? Or just the decals?

Cheers

Mat
Only the decals , as side skirts has not available on any knowen factory warehouse yet. And I don't see any point in them really.

BTW, BMW M performance interior carbon/alcantara thing is also look bad in real life. If you have some sort of champagne individual interior with black piano trim or simple interior with aluminium trim it look better in real life than carbon/alcantara set.

The PERF steering wheel is no fun either , m is much more soft in hands

So I'm putting OEM ZCP m3 wheels(found a way how to fit them) , front appron and rear diffusor. Trunk spoiler. The m brakes are in and the small thing like rear double exhaust are set. Thouse F30/F31 cars doesn't need anything more

And I would stick with OEM parts , as most aftermarket are usual crappy.
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #49
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
Only the decals , as side skirts has not available on any knowen factory warehouse yet. And I don't see any point in them really.

BTW, BMW M performance interior carbon/alcantara thing is also look bad in real life. If you have some sort of champagne individual interior with black piano trim or simple interior with aluminium trim it look better in real life than carbon/alcantara set.

The PERF steering wheel is no fun either , m is much more soft in hands

So I'm putting OEM ZCP m3 wheels(found a way how to fit them) , front appron and rear diffusor. Trunk spoiler. The m brakes are in and the small thing like rear double exhaust are set. Thouse F30/F31 cars doesn't need anything more

And I would stick with OEM parts , as most aftermarket are usual crappy.
Interesting on the alcantara trim, I had gone off it for another reason myself as it happens.

Perf steering wheel doesn't really do it for me, and I think it's a little OTT in a "non M" car.

Side skirts I do like and will be getting, the dealer has mentioned he normally gets a M Performance demo kit... hoping to get hold of it.

ZCP I am guessing is the 359 I have on mine. Do like them (bit biased!) be interesting to see a concave setup on the F30.

Photos needed... sounds like you have some great plans! I look forward to seeing your developments. Please let me know how much you get the carbon done for.

P.S I agree about OEM, I have only ever gone with OEM for all of my cars. That was the only thing that stopped me going Akrapovic on my M3.

Cheers

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #50
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

For thouse who wait for OEM BMW M Performance trunk spoiler
Attached Images
   
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #51
slayaz
New Member
 
Drives: F30 2.0d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

I am very interested in the black grills, but I think I may go down the plasticoat / plastidip route as I am going to do my wheels in matt black as well.



I am lucky enough to have a mate who is a car finisher and he has kindly offered to do it for me.
slayaz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #52
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sweeper, I have a very similar OEM carbon spoiler on my M3, it looks awesome in my view and thus I imagine the F30 would benefit greatly from the one you have. How are you getting on with the other bits?

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #53
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayaz View Post
I am very interested in the black grills, but I think I may go down the plasticoat / plastidip route as I am going to do my wheels in matt black as well.

I am lucky enough to have a mate who is a car finisher and he has kindly offered to do it for me.
I would recommend powder coating for the wheels.
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #54
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LCI M5 MCB + Silverstone
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 4,813
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
I would recommend powder coating for the wheels.
+1
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2014 Model M5 LCI In MCB with Silverstone.
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #55
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Ho Ho =]

The only parts I can't source is the side underpanels. But I can't figure out if I need them or not. Not a big fun of how they looks.

I actually got a batch of carbon rear spoilers from my dealer, so if anybody need them I can sell 1 or 2. And I guess I have a spare set of Performance pedals for Steptronic

As of rear diffusor and front splitter , I will start to cover them in carbon tomorrow , don't know how long it takes , but I guess few days or so.

We have enormous amounts of snow , so front splitter will have to wait till snow drops to be fitted. And I have an idea to put it off and on , when winter will come next year. As eventually I will damage the oem splitter each winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Sweeper, I have a very similar OEM carbon spoiler on my M3, it looks awesome in my view and thus I imagine the F30 would benefit greatly from the one you have. How are you getting on with the other bits?

Mat
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #56
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

I just got a message from my Stealer . I got ab F10 5 trunk spoiliers. What an idiots.

The worst mistakes where from Bently dealer.
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #57
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Here is some updates.

Got them covered in real carbon.
Attached Images
     
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #58
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Looking very good When are you fitting?

My dealer was in touch today, the UK is having these parts launched in March.
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #59
Sweeper
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

The diffusor and stickers in a few days.

The front and 359m wheels will have to wait till snow drops. I think a month or so.

Still not yet sourced f30 rear carbon trunk spoiler as everyone are out in stock with them.
Sweeper is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #60
neil-c
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 320i M-sport xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scotland

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Are the black grilles available from BMW UK yet?
neil-c is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #61
rich1068
has left the building
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 3,356
iTrader: (0)

Yes. Have been for a while.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #62
Steve_M_Sport
Second Lieutenant
 
Steve_M_Sport's Avatar
 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Touring
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Leicestershire

Posts: 231
iTrader: (0)

Yes they are , I've today been quoted 70 + VAT for the pair of black grills. Dealer wants 107 inc VAT to fit them though !
Steve_M_Sport is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #63
Chris Peacock
Private First Class
 
Chris Peacock's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere.

Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

That sounds quite reasonable, think I will get mine wrapped as its a lease vehicle.
Chris Peacock is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #64
venkata
Lieutenant
 
venkata's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire

Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Yes they are , I've today been quoted 70 + VAT for the pair of black grills. Dealer wants 107 inc VAT to fit them though !
Wow, they've come down a lot... Last i heard they were 50+ for each side of the Grille, so ordered non oem ones from ebay instead... Oh well...

107 for a few minutes work to fit! Ludicrous...
venkata is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #65
neil-c
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 320i M-sport xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scotland

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Anyone got a pic of the black grilles on a silver m sport? Looks great on white and blue, not sure it would suit glacier
neil-c is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #66
jimboss
Private First Class
 
Drives: F31 320d M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Herts

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Ive got a black sapphire F31 M Sport on order, the back grills will look rather smart so i think i'm going to take the plunge when it arrives.
jimboss is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST