F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 3-Series Sedan / F32 4-Series Coupe Forum > Got my car back
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,525
iTrader: (1)

Got my car back

After 2 weeks in the body shop for extremely minor bumper scratches, the bitch is back. The 2 week delay was for 2 defective OEM bumper covers arriving packed in nothing more than paper.

My loaner was a Dodge Challenger which at first blush is pretty okay for an American car. But after getting the 3er back there's no comparison. Plus it was a slush box.

Don't know how you guys without 3 pedals drive.
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i
snowghost is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
bcl0328
Major
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Abingdon, MD

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (0)

manual is fun but not in every day commuting. i suppose i will get one again if i get a faster car. really no advantage to a manual other than that feeling of changing your own gears.
bcl0328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
jsedlak
First Lieutenant
 
jsedlak's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morristown, NJ

Posts: 394
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
manual is fun but not in every day commuting. i suppose i will get one again if i get a faster car. really no advantage to a manual other than that feeling of changing your own gears.
It's the opposite for me.... for anything faster than a 335i/M3, I would want a DCT or a better driver position. I just can't shift fast enough to do justice to the power.
__________________
johnsedlak.com - web developer, designer
jsedlak is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Koca
New Member
 
Drives: In the factory
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
really no advantage to a manual other than that feeling of changing your own gears.
And the fact, that they don't break down as much as the automatics do
Koca is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Tsuvoi
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

You changed the bumper covers for extremely minor scratches?
Tsuvoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Why were you in a challenger instead of a BMW loaner..
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
ny325
Captain
 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

I have the same issue. My front/rear bumper has minor scuffs. It's not that noticeable only to me.It annoys me because I take such good care of my car. The rear bumper was hit by a shopping cart, even when I parked far away from the supermarket. What exactly is a bumper cover? Was the original wet sanded, then sprayed? Or replaced with a new bumper/ cover. If you don't mind, how much did it cost? Are you satisfied with the way it came out? I plan on keeping my E90 for a long time because I prefer the way it drives compare to the F30. Thanks
ny325 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
SlowSaloonM3
Major General
 
SlowSaloonM3's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 6,001
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost
After 2 weeks in the body shop for extremely minor bumper scratches, the bitch is back. The 2 week delay was for 2 defective OEM bumper covers arriving packed in nothing more than paper.

My loaner was a Dodge Challenger which at first blush is pretty okay for an American car. But after getting the 3er back there's no comparison. Plus it was a slush box.

Don't know how you guys without 3 pedals drive.
With instantaneous shifts and a blip. Lol.
__________________

When is this episode coming?!
SlowSaloonM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,525
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
You changed the bumper covers for extremely minor scratches?
Hell yes. The car is only a couple months old. The damage to the cover was such that the reconditioning shop rejected it for repairs. So I guess in retrospect not so minor after all.

I was in a Challenger because the other party's insurance paid for a rental at Enterprise.
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i
snowghost is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,525
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I have the same issue. My front/rear bumper has minor scuffs. It's not that noticeable only to me.It annoys me because I take such good care of my car. The rear bumper was hit by a shopping cart, even when I parked far away from the supermarket. What exactly is a bumper cover? Was the original wet sanded, then sprayed? Or replaced with a new bumper/ cover. If you don't mind, how much did it cost? Are you satisfied with the way it came out? I plan on keeping my E90 for a long time because I prefer the way it drives compare to the F30. Thanks
The body shop I go to is first rate and have had other cars (BMW and non BMW) repaired there. You cannot tell it's not the original cover. As a matter of fact my E46 M3 Silver Gray metallic bumper cover needed replacement a couple years ago, and same thing: you couldn't tell either.

If all you have is scratches it should be around $900 or so to sand and repaint. IIRC it was $1000+ with a brand new bumper cover. I didn't pay too much attention since it was not my insurance paying. If you are really interested PM me and I'll pull the paperwork.
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i

Last edited by snowghost; 12-14-2012 at 01:10 PM.
snowghost is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Tsuvoi
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Hell yes. The car is only a couple months old. The damage to the cover was such that the reconditioning shop rejected it for repairs. So I guess in retrospect not so minor after all.

I was in a Challenger because the other party's insurance paid for a rental at Enterprise.
Oh ok, it's an insurance claim so why the hell not for sure! I thought you made them while buffing your car or something.
Tsuvoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST