F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > What's the experience like when adding a music hard disk?

11-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
c.cash
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 328i modern line

I seem to recall having to wait a while for it show up in the list. Maybe you have a lot of files on the USB drive.? Try again when you're going for a 20 minute drive. Just an idea.
      11-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
vigalent
Enlisted Member

Drives: F30 318D

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.cash View Post
I seem to recall having to wait a while for it show up in the list. Maybe you have a lot of files on the USB drive.? Try again when you're going for a 20 minute drive. Just an idea.
Cheers...Will give it a go.

Initially (when it worked) it had only 1 album. Copied about 5Gb from PC to USB stick (in artist / album folders), and no luck....

Thought maybe its the folder structure, so moved all the files to the root of the USB....No luck again.

Tried just copying 1 album (again to root of USB), and still no luck......

All of the above was with the car ignition on (but car not running)... I will try doing it during a drive (after the cars been running a while) and see if it makes any difference.

The strange thing is, the message comes up so quick, it like it hasn't even tried to read it (although it could just be it is this fast).

BTW...the USB drive works fine in the console....so I know its not the USB.

Any help would appreciated, this is really starting to bug me now.
      11-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
Frogman
Major

Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
2012 F30 328i  [4.63]
I've imported folder structures from USB onto the HD, no problem there.

I usually insert the USB drive before I turn anything on, and then waiting 30-60 seconds after turning the ignition on before I try to import.

Sometime the car will just not recognize the stick, so I unplug and re-plug it (while the ignition is on), wait, and it's usually seen after that.
Frogman is offline   United_States
      11-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
vigalent
Enlisted Member

Drives: F30 318D

I don't think it's an issue with car 'seeing' the drive, it does that part fine.

It's just when I try to do the actual import, it comes up with the message 'no corresponding data available on USB device' what ever the hell that means.