F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > I been driving my 330d MSport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
strongdeo
Private
 
Drives: F30 330d MSPORT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

I been driving my 330d MSport

Hi guys, it's a Mineral Grey with black leather 330d with 19" wheels, M Sport braking, adaptive M suspension, Variable sport steering, HUD and all the interior gadgets etc.

How does it drive? Difficult to say because I been treating her like a baby, driving real slow and easy, breaking her in gently, not really gone above 3000 revs.

Imagine having sex with a seventeen year old virgin - wouldn't you want to break her in gently too? You wouldn't want to hurt her, you'd want to treasure the experience.

Having said that I must say that the ride (even on the 19s) is much better than my E60 530i and my previous E90 330d. I think the ride would be more comfy on the 18s, but I just had to have the 19s.

The handling is something I have't pushed either but turn in is crisp (I reckon the 320d is crisper because 330d is 100kg heavier!) and the grip levels are fantastic.

The engine is smooth when warmed up, refined but I cannot comment on the power and the torque because once again I have not pushed it. I will soon. There appears to be plenty in reserve.

I am very happy with my new car.
strongdeo is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
ThreethirtyDee
Private
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shropshire

Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

You're sick and on the wrong forum.
ThreethirtyDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

1st UK 330D M Sport? My dealer said none had landed in the UK yet, only Europe.
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
dopper99
Colonel
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 2,952
iTrader: (1)

No need to nurse it! They can be driven "however you like" as mentioned by a few people on here who have been told this by various dealerships.

Get it floored and let us know if it feels quicker than the E90 330d
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

Well of course it does The natural comparison is with the E90 335D ... which will be a closer call due to slightly less power and torque but a better gearbox
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
dopper99
Colonel
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 2,952
iTrader: (1)

Had a little compare of the figures the other day (sad, I know ).
Looks like the F30 330d is still nearly 30bhp down on the 335d, but torque is closer. However, the F30 weighs a bit less.
Would be interesting to see how the F30 330d compares to a 335d in real life. Interesting that full torque is available of less range than the E90 330d.

F30 330d
Power 258
Torque 560 @ 2000-2750
Weight 1615

E90 330d
Power 245
Torque 520 @ 1750-3000
Weight 1625

E90 335d
Power 286
Torque 580 @ 1750-2250
Weight 1655

Like you say the new 8 speed 'box should help a bit. But does it only improve 0-60 - what about the mid range?
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,175
iTrader: (0)

Looks like F30 and E90 330D are torque limited, more so on E90 (Top of natural torque curve lopped off - which gives the impression of wider torque band)

8sp allows better use of available torque/power, so is a close call (to 335D), would be nice if there was a blue performance upgrade for 330D
NISFAN is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
cwhitehe
New Member
 
Drives: BMW - F30 M-Sport 330d
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK - Yorkshire

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
1st UK 330D M Sport? My dealer said none had landed in the UK yet, only Europe.
Not sure if that just relates to just the touring. I got my 330d M-Sport (saloon) yesterday.
cwhitehe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
dopper99
Colonel
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 2,952
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitehe View Post
Not sure if that just relates to just the touring. I got my 330d M-Sport (saloon) yesterday.
So whats it like? Can you do a quick review?


No-one *anywhere* has done a review on a F30 330d. Be the first!

(And I mean anywhere - like not only the UK, but anywhere in the world - at this present moment in time!!!)
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
cwhitehe
New Member
 
Drives: BMW - F30 M-Sport 330d
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK - Yorkshire

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
So whats it like? Can you do a quick review?


No-one *anywhere* has done a review on a F30 330d. Be the first!

(And I mean anywhere - like not only the UK, but anywhere in the world - at this present moment in time!!!)
I posted some quick thoughts here:-
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...0#post12622860

Not too much more I can say at the moment as I've hardly driven it. Should get a good run tonight though.

MPG wise I got 46 coming to work this morning (mix of B roads, dual carriage way and single carriage way with not really any queues). Last night going home it was doing about 22 MPG in very very slow traffic but by the time I got home it had got up to 39 MPG. This was all driving in comfort mode.

The throttle response in sport seemed amazing but I've hardly had a good blast yet.
cwhitehe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
dopper99
Colonel
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 2,952
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitehe View Post
I posted some quick thoughts here:-
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...0#post12622860

Not too much more I can say at the moment as I've hardly driven it. Should get a good run tonight though.

MPG wise I got 46 coming to work this morning (mix of B roads, dual carriage way and single carriage way with not really any queues). Last night going home it was doing about 22 MPG in very very slow traffic but by the time I got home it had got up to 39 MPG. This was all driving in comfort mode.

The throttle response in sport seemed amazing but I've hardly had a good blast yet.
Thanks for that, I'd not seen that thread!

I think most people are interested in the performance of the 330d ( and prob economy), to be honest. I think we have all read reviews on the variable suspension, idrive and whatever else on earlier models.
This is the quickest F30 3 series diesel on sale at present so I think most people are curious about that how well it goes.
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
cwhitehe
New Member
 
Drives: BMW - F30 M-Sport 330d
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK - Yorkshire

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Thanks for that, I'd not seen that thread!

I think most people are interested in the performance of the 330d ( and prob economy), to be honest. I think we have all read reviews on the variable suspension, idrive and whatever else on earlier models.
This is the quickest F30 3 series diesel on sale at present so I think most people are curious about that how well it goes.
Yep, will have further info on the performance over the next few days. Although being my first BMW I have no previous models to compare it against.
cwhitehe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

If you can wait another 10 f***ing weeks I'll gladly do a back to back review going from a modified 2.3 petrol turbo with 300+bhp and 360+ ftlbs and AWD to a 330D M Sport
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
dopper99
Colonel
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 2,952
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitehe View Post
Yep, will have further info on the performance over the next few days. Although being my first BMW I have no previous models to compare it against.
Yes, if people has come from a 2.0 Mondeo or something then yes the 330d will seem a quick car.
Also, I appreciate people don’t want the thrape the hell out of their brand new pride and joy yet!!!!!!!
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
mikehunt
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 330d
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Had a little compare of the figures the other day (sad, I know ).
Looks like the F30 330d is still nearly 30bhp down on the 335d, but torque is closer. However, the F30 weighs a bit less.
Would be interesting to see how the F30 330d compares to a 335d in real life. Interesting that full torque is available of less range than the E90 330d.

F30 330d
Power 258
Torque 560 @ 2000-2750
Weight 1615

E90 330d
Power 245
Torque 520 @ 1750-3000
Weight 1625

E90 335d
Power 286
Torque 580 @ 1750-2250
Weight 1655

Like you say the new 8 speed 'box should help a bit. But does it only improve 0-60 - what about the mid range?
I think those numbers for the F30 330d are incorrect. According to Wiki, peak torque from the N57D30O1 engine is available from 1750-3000, the same as the motor in the LCI E90.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N57

I can say first hand that it feels no slower than a 335d coupe that I've been in previously.
mikehunt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
dopper99
Colonel
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 2,952
iTrader: (1)

I got them from BMW's website. (Which of course is not always correct either).
Attached Images
 
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST