is the first to get its hands on the recently revealed 3 Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F34) for a side by side comparison with the 3 Series Touring (F31).
Their conclusion? After scoring several categories, they have the 3GT squeaking by the touring by just one point overall (67 to 66). The GT gets the nod for easier access, better features, usability, and versatility; but loses on cargo loading.
Summary of Autobild's scoring and conclusions (translated via Google).
On to the physical and visual comparisons. What you see in the Autobild photos below are M Sport versions of both the 3 Series GT and Touring. Here is how physical specs of the F34 GT compare to the F30 Sedan and F31 Touring:
The GT's physical stats are:
- 200 mm (7.87 in.) longer than 3 Series sedan and touring
- 180mm (7.08 in.) longer wheelbase than 3 Series sedan and touring
- 81mm (3.18 in.) taller than 3 Series sedan and touring
- 17mm (0.66 in.) wider (without mirrors) than 3 Series sedan and touring
- 1,715 kg / 3,780 lb (335i - unladen EU)
- 1,645 kg / 3,626 lb (328i - unladen EU)
- 1,615 kg / 3,560 lb (320i - unladen EU)
- 335i GT is 130kg (286 pounds) heavier than 335i sedan (unladen EU)
- 328i GT is 140kg (308 pounds) heavier than 328i sedan (unladen EU)
- 328i GT is 70kg (154 pounds) heavier than 328i touring (unladen EU)
And for those that missed it earlier, here are our own compiled photo comparison
between the F34, F30, and F31.