Originally Posted by pallymore
So yesterday I was reviewing my build, then I realized for the same amount of money, I can either get:
DAP + Dakota Leather
Premium Pkg + Park Distance Control + Rearview Camera
So it really comes down to:
Active Blind Spot Detection + Side and Top View Cameras
Sirus radio + Lumbar support + Comfort access
I'm kinda indecisive here...
Active Blind Spot Detection - Sounds nice, but I drive very cautiously. I've been driving without something like that for a very long time and never had any issues.
Side + Top View Cameras - Never seen/used it before. Is it good?
Sirus radio - meh. I'd prefer Pandora.
Lumbar Support - I don't do long drives very often (once, twice per year maybe) So how much this option changes driving experience?
Comfort Access - Nice to have, but not necessary IMO.
So...I'm thinking about changing my build(or not) since there's still time...any suggestions?
Here is my ranking from least useful to most needed:
5) Lumbar Support - If you have back problems, but otherwise i barely touch this
4) Sirius Radio - I really like it, although the digital sound is not music to my years, but the large choice is
... Having said that, it's only free for a year.
3) Camera and sensors all around - I dont have it, therefore i cannot comment on it. Very useful yes, especially for your better half and significant other, but otherwise if you are the sole driver of your car, you can skip it. I did.
I am doing very well with using my mirrors, because i know how to set them up and i know how to use my steering wheel in coordination.
2) Active blind spot - Extremely useful - I dont have it, but i wish i have it... i dont understand why BMW makes us pay for this, this is a safely feature, and lower models from other brand have it standard... this is
But obviously both you and i we can do without...
1) Comfort Access - This is the ball ! You must have this (along with Lighting package for the angel eyes)