I know there are several threads discussing the JB4, and while I've seen many arguments about it, I haven't really seen any major complaints.
I'd really appreciate some feedback from F30/JB4 owners primarily, but anyone else that has experience with it on other models would be great to hear from as well. Also, it would be great to get some responses to a few questions I have:
- Are there really "ghost codes" and do you need the BT/CAN tool (or something else) to remove the codes prior to service once the hardware has been removed? I believe the F30 JB4 doesn't include any tools like the previous versions?
- Does it need to be removed for basic maintenance, oil change, software updates?
- If it is discovered, which part of your warranty could potentially be considered void?
- Does BMW Assist transmit any information to BMW if it notices the tune? I believe I read that was a concern.
- The numbers are impressive, but how much of a difference does it really make? I've had Dinan tunes on my E92 335 and E92 M3 and feel like they really woke up the cars.
Thanks in advance for your help!