Originally Posted by F30FAN
For those who have there new toys and for those given prospective dates..
So that members can get an idea on the average timeline from order to delivery could you lovely people please answer as many of the following questions as possible..
1. Lag time from placing order to confirmed BW?
2. The actual time your car was in Production?
3. The time taken to ship your car from Germany to the UK?
4. The time taken for all PDI checks to be completed to actual handover day..?
I can only answer the first two questions thus far...
1. Ordered Aug 19th so week 34, BW confirmed one week later to be W45 ie 11 weeks post order (mainly due to specifying must have new pro nav which is w45 build in saloon and BMW slow to tool factory for RHD xdrive)
2. Went into build 5.11.12 (code 5055), departed plant on 8.11.12 (code 9000) so build time three days. This thread from f10 forum helps decipher BMW build codes http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432269
3. TBC - Left port on 12.11.12 estimate around 1w
4. TBC - I am told once it lands at Southampton dealer can register it in my name and ought to be at dealership max 1 week and can be turned around in 48 hours. I know they are keen to see the back of me before the end of the month, in a nice way I hope!