View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #36
RollingLower42
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake P View Post
It completely eliminates the electronic adjustment and replaces it with the ability to manually adjust the dampers using the knobs you see pictured.
^^^ I had a question. I am interested on getting KW V1's since I am going to be primarily on street and want something simple...

I noticed that all of there coilovers come with and without EDC. The price is also affected by a couple hundred dollars..

I was looking for clarification...If you were to get C/O's without EDC does that mean the suspension options on the car are affected??

My current ride, 2012 F30 335I, I have a button next to the gears that changes suspension modes:

Eco Mode (Hardly ever use)
Comfort mode (hardly ever use unless I am going over speed bumps where I live)
Sport mode (Mode I am always in, more or less because of the extra Power)

I noticed that the comfort mode is a smoother ride than sport, but the extra boost of power is gone from sport mode (wish I could still have the engine power with the softer susp)

Anyways, KW's come with and without EDC, correct? So If I were to buy KW v1's without EDC, then I would no longer have the option of changing between Eco/ Comfort/ and sport? And then if that was the case and it was deleted, what mode would the car always be on? Would I still be able to change and get more power like before?

And if I bought KW V1's with EDC then I still would be able to change between modes and not lose any power?

I am confused, please someone clarify, or like the above poster said, it deletes the modes and is replaced by the digital screen where you can change it to your own settings?